My Hiding Place

Psalm 137

Psalm 137 (Photo credit: Mouse)

Whenever things get really hard for me to deal with, I tend to hide from the world. Lately, I’ve been overwhelmed by the things in my life that are hard for me to deal with. However, today I’ve been blessed with a resting peace, and it can only be described as a peace that surpasses all understanding. Hopefully, things will calm down soon, and I will have some peace around me, to go along with the peace I feel in my heart today. In the meantime, I’ve attached a video of John Michael Talbot‘s song that I’ve been listening to since I was a young girl. It’s music soothes my troubled soul.

John Michael Talbot – Hiding Place

Song lyrics to The Hiding Place:
You are my hiding place, O Lord
You saved me in my distress
You are my hid-ing place
You save me from distress
Y-o-u surround my soul
With cries of deliverance
2.Let every good man pray to you
In his hour of need
Flood wa-ters may reach high
But him they shall not reach
Let every good man pray
In his hour of need

CH: You are my hiding place, O Lord
You gaze into the se-crets of my soul
3.A hidden secret wastes my frame
I groan through the night and cry
Through the day
I will confess my sin
My guilt I will not hide
I will confess my pride
And God will forgive

fin: You are my Hiding place, O Lord

— Bird

29 responses to “My Hiding Place”

1. timzauto says:

Thanks for posting the song …Haven’t heard it since I was younger..

2. terry1954 says:

i had never heard it, thanks for sharing it Bird

3. Cheesh Bird,
    I won’t teese.
    I guess I miss read you.
    I first notice you when you took off Ark’s head in a comment thread we were both on.
    sorry if I made matters worse!
    I pray things start looking brighter for you soon.
    God bless you.
    C.C.T.

• Bird says:

lol…Are you trying to sound like spam??? That was hilarious! No, Blogworld had nothing to do with what is going on at home. Just being attacked by the devil left and right…But I’ll pull through…I’m a veteran in this war!! 🙂 Thanks for you sweet comment, and for making me laugh!!

• nutsfortreasure says:

I also lived in your world for a short time well not yours but MINE and with it now all behind me, the ray of light shines brighter for me. Hope your life will soon fill you with Peace and Love, it is what we all desire and deserve.
        HUGS from NH

• Bird says:

Thank you for the kind words, nutsfortreasure!! And I’m hoping for peace and love for you as well.

Hugs from Oklahoma!!

• nutsfortreasure says:

I will pray for you to also enjoy a carefree much love filled life. I have been in OK many times in my trucking life loved it there Sapp Bros Truck Stop in Omaha was a place I slept a lot 🙂 Love the cowboys our there too and the cowgirls can also kick butt! Texas holds fond memories as well got in a big fight with my ex(biker/trucker) I was wanting me a big ole Tumbleweed and he said I could not take it home in the bunk with me 😦 what a Kill joy 🙂
            Stay Safe
            HUGS
            from NH

4. trailblazer1 says:

He is our fortress and our high tower. Stay mercy and heart-grace, Bird.

5. faithfulnibbles says:

Bird, I have never heard this song before. IT IS BEAUTIFUL and will become a favorite of mine I believe. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Marilyn

• Bird says:

I’m so glad you like it! It is a “go to” song for me when things are getting overwhelming for me.

• faithfulnibbles says:

Are you familiar with the Voice of Truth by Casting Crowns? It is one of the songs that I go to when I need to be reminded in difficult times, that God’s voice is the only one that I need to hear. I posted it a while back —

God Bless

6. faithfulnibbles says:

Reblogged this on faithfulnibbles and commented:
    Be sure that you listen to the song My Hiding Place. I had never heard this song before. It is lovely and the words are so meaningful.

7. Psalm 32:7-8
    You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble; You shall compass me about with songs of deliverance.
    I will instruct you and teach you in the way you shall go; I will guide you with my eye.

8. Ahh — the Talbots — you age yourself! But then, they are ageless . . .
    Glad you got peace. Great thing to have, eh? Love and prayers. Really.

9. Thank you! Wonderful…

10. Love that you found your resting place and some sense of peace. Next time things get you overwhelmed check out “Press On” by Selah. It will speak right to where you are at and help you press on through them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAbuBM04LLc

11. jenmay02 says:

Birdee, I too have been hiding, we are one in the same. It seems the more I read, the more people I talk to, the more I find that this past year has been a struggle for alot of people! I am glad you found your peace, it brings a smile to my face 😉 Miss You Much and Much Love
    I thought I might share the song that helps me through since you shared your beautiful song!

Feel free to leave a comment.

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s