So, as all of you know by now, I’m going through some growing pains in my marriage. And Jesus, being the Author and Perfecter of my faith, has generously sent me some help in the form of a woman who has already been through this valley before and helping me navigate it without making me and everyone around me insane. She had a good idea today, and that was for me to write down some things that I really love about the old man. I really have no problem with this assignment at all, because he’s got a ton of cool things about him. So, with pleasure, here I go!
2. Chef works really hard. He’s always supported us financially, made sure we lived in nice homes, that the kids went to good schools, had insurance coverage, and even helps around the house sometimes.
3. He helped me raise three kids from beginning to end..They turned out to be pretty great people, and he was equally responsible for that. Even my stepdaughter from my first marriage loves him.
4. Even though he didn’t want any more pets, when I asked for a kitten, he plotted with my M/C sisters and got me Milo. He even let my brother Ernie give me a second one, Sebastian.
5. He has hung in during the times I really needed him to.
6. He can make me laugh like no other person in the world..well, he ties with my dad, anyways.. 🙂
7. He doesn’t let me embarrass myself in public!
8. He rides a motorcycle like no one else I’ve ever seen…He’s gifted!
9. I know he loves me, because he tells me that he does all the time..
10. I know God gave me Chef. He and I fit perfectly together…
That list could go on and on. The only thing that makes my latest trial so rough is that Chef is so completely worth fighting for, hanging on to, and throwing down on the devil for… 🙂
Thanks for the assignment, C. I really like remembering why this is all so worth it!!
On a different note, I am trying to catch up on everybody’s posts from the last few days. Even if I don’t comment, I’m hitting “like” at the very least so you know I’ve been there…Ya’ll don’t give up on me yet!!
Love you guys. Thank you all for being so sweet and encouraging through this latest trial..It really does make it easier to get through!!
- Do You Think Chef Will Feel Jealous? (birdmartin.wordpress.com)
- The First Time I Met Chef’s Entire Extended Family (anexerciseindiscipline.wordpress.com)
- Don aka Chef Refutes My Allegations (birdmartin.wordpress.com)
- The First Time I Met Chef’s Entire Extended Family (birdmartin.wordpress.com)
- Chef and Bird, Sitting in a Tree..K..I..S..S..I..N..G.. (anexerciseindiscipline.wordpress.com)