I am very happy, and honored to receive the blogger’s Sunshine Award, again!
I would like to thank Faith at Faithrises, for nominating me for this wonderful award! I have already received it once before, but I can promise you, it never gets old! I like Faithrises’ site because you never really know what you are going to get when you come to visit. Sometimes there is a nice, informative article, then the next time, a lovely photo with a scripture beneath it. I like to be kept guessing. So, thank you, Faith, for remembering me!
The Sunshine Award Rule:
- Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog
- Answer 10 questions about yourself
- Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers – Yeah, I cut this down a bit…
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you!
1. My middle name is Ione.
2. Quilts are my favorite gift.
3. I clap left-handed.
4. I’ve moved over 40 times in my life.
5. I played the trumpet in high school.
6. My mother wrote romance novels.
7. I hate cooking.
8. My favorite books are Robert Jordan‘s The Wheel of Time series.
9. I enjoy eating meat — preferably steaks, pork chops, and pot roast.
10. I hate camping….with a passion.
Here are the blogs I would like to pass this award on to:
1. My Poor Mom – Some of these stories sound like things I would do…I really like the way this guy tells his story.
2. The Bat Doc – This site is cute, plus sometimes it is nice to have a short, sweet, to-the-point post to read.
3. Oyiabrown – I like the jokes here. Very interesting site. My favorite post at the moment is the Simple Southern Alarm….excellent!
4. Honesttogodjo – This site has an upbeat, friendly feel to it. I like it’s light nature..
5. My Life Uncut…Almost – This is another happy site, though Anne is going through some really hard things in her life. You have to read about her daughter’s reaction to her getting nominated for The Sunshine award..I know, I know. She’s already gotten it, but I don’t care. I do what I want… 🙂
6. The Christian Gazette – This site is very informative, and really busy throughout the day. There is more going on at this site in one day than there is on mine in a week! Check it out; you’ll like it!
So, I know that it isn’t the requested 10 – 12, but I am running out of time to write today, and I wanted to get this out there.
Thank you again, Faith! I appreciate you remembering me! And congratulations to the next set of nominees!!
Love ya, Mean It,
22 responses to “The Sunshine Award – Again!”
I don’t like camping as well. And you have moved 40 times?…wow is all I can say 🙂
I can move quicker and more efficiently than any one else I know!! lol!
What an honor-doesn’t it feel like the ‘poor man’s’ version of the red carpet, BUT REQUIRES MUCH more ability to tell a yarn and keep a blog running than many on the red carpet. DREAM of the limo!!
lol!! Exactly!! Eat your heart out, Joan Rivers!!
She’d be a good one, has been around forever and a day!!
I respect a woman like that. Nothing defeats her…nothing!
Thank you for the nomination, it is a blessing! I like Robert Jordon as well. I
Aes Sedai Rule!!
Bird, you deserve it this time and more over. I have come to love your blog posts, because they show the human side of a child of God, and even on a dreary day they bring sunshine into the hearts that read them. It has done that for me…and many a smile…like the story of the undercloths wrapped in your husband’s boxers. Just the thought brings a chuckle to my heart.
You just made my whole day! Thank you so much for these kind words…you have no idea how much they mean to me! God bless You!!
God bless you too!
Li’l Miss Sunshine, I could use some input on religious matter…. 🙂
Sure! What’s up?
read my post… perhaps you have some input on my ramblings….
I read your blog post, and if it is okay with you, I’d like to write my answers back to you on my site. It is long, and this WP keeps messing with my messages to you. Is that okay?
you deserve it more than once !!! congrats
I LOVE http://www.mypoormom.wordpress.com! His stories make me laugh..hard, and his honesty in the awkward christian world hits home. Congrats on the Sunshine award. =)
Thanks! I love his site, too. He writes really well!
[…] Bird at Everyone has a Story has blessed me tremendously by nominating me for this award, and I do want everyone to know that it is an honor. Because my time is so limited this week, I am going to postpone this with the hope of fulfilling the obligations involved in it at a later time. God bless Bird for considering me and thank you all for your patience! Share this:Like this:LikeBe the first to like this post. Permalink […]
Congrats on another well-deserved award ma’am!
Question… how exactly does one clap ‘left handed’?
[…] The Sunshine Award – Again! (birdmartin.wordpress.com) […]